Friday, March 7, 2014

Hey There Opportunity!

After my assault I became depressed so I stopped hanging around with friends and secluded myself, mostly sleeping. I received some very good advice from my boss though...

 "Find a hobby. That way you can do something that you enjoy and it won't seem like such a burden. Maybe you'll find happiness?"

Well y'all, I found a hobby! For the last few months I've been doing some modeling. I've always loved to take pictures and to get my picture taken. It was as if God had ordained this whole hobby for me. A week after my boss had suggested I find a hobby I got an email from my mom about one of her friends that is starting her new photography portfolio and that she needs a local model. Since then I've done a couple photoshoots with her.

I decided to take my hobby a little further. I joined a website for upcoming models and have been receiving many opportunities from local, published, and professional photographers. This weekend I am going to my first big photoshoot and I'm so excited to see how this all works. I've also booked a designer swimwear line that shoots next week.

God is providing for me. He is providing happiness, he is providing extra income, he is providing joy.

Not only is He providing for me, but He is also providing for my family. We aren't very wealthy people and my mom just found out she has to pay back the state $500+. She was unsure of how she would be able to pay for it (she already works two jobs, so she can't add another). Amazingly, we got a check from the hospital for $300 and she received more money from her second job. In total, it came up to 530 something dollars! Now my mom doesn't have to worry about how she is going to pay the money back to the state.

LESSON: GOD PROVIDES!

Be faithful, be patient! Those who serve the Lord will be taken care of one way or another. He is faithful and is generous.

1 comment: