Friday, June 22, 2012

Shame

I still carry a lot of shame. It hits me usually when I hear anything about teen pregnancy or song lyrics such as these..

Big and Rich "That's Why I Pray": Babies having babies ’cause their parents are always gone
Shania Twian "I Ain't Going Down": I had a baby at fifteen, daddy never did forgive me. I never heard from the guy again
The Isaacs "Why": Why are there children having babies when so many couples try everything and can't

I was told by my aunt when I was pregnant to never be ashamed. To hold my head high as a mother. And yet I still feel those same feelings of shame I felt months ago. I hope someday that I won't feel ashamed anymore. It may be because I hid my pregnancy and no one here in my hometown even knows about H, but that's the choice I made to keep her safe. So I guess shame is a part of that when you hold such a big secret deep down, feeling like everyone stares at you and talks about you behind your back..

No comments:

Post a Comment